About Caring Professions
Caring Professions was born in 2016 after StudentNurse.Net were taken over by Fiona Atkinson as new CEO. Although a brand new site we still firmly believe in the ethos and purpose established for both of the historical sites which were born nearly ten years ago. Our aims are simple – to offer a plethora of support in as many subject areas as possible to those who want to work or train in the care sector in a professional capacity. Our Vision is Clear; ‘To be recognized globally as the best place to learn, succeed and grow in the caring professions sector’ Our Mission – ‘To provide outstanding support, advice, resources and training to help nurture the leading care professionals of tomorrow’. We are supported by dozens of volunteer staff, who are all fantastic, friendly, caring, kind and clever people whose passion for caring professional services are second to none.
For those who are students, Caring Professions offers:
- Information to help members decide which sector is right for them.
- Help and support during application and training courses, both face to face and online.
- Guidance and advice through the University application process, personal statements and preparing for interview. This includes professional consultancy services, study and training days via the education services we offer across all areas of the site.
- Confidence building, a shoulder to lean on and motivation should members be unsuccessful during the application process. we offer encouragement, support, advice and renewed direction should members want to re-apply.
For those who are accepted onto the course, or are already studying, we offer:
- Educational resources containing videos, links, articles and much more to support our students’ learning; with only one click members can search the top 20 most relevant websites on the net in their chosen sector.
- Support and guidance on all matters concerning professional conduct. We support and advocate the regulating bodies Code of Conduct and guidelines and advocate that all members conduct themselves both on and offline in line with the Guidance on Professional Conduct.
- Live online learning and revision via our monthly Quizzes, where members can win a range of prizes.
- We strive to put members in touch with a student who is at least part way through year one of their chosen course of study.
- Support and guidance throughout the course on Assignments, Clinical Placements, Portfolio/Skills Document/ Assessments/Exams etc.
- Help, advice and support is available once members qualify to help with consolidation, interviews and finding a job.
For those who are Qualified Caring Professions offers:
- Opportunities to become involved, to inspire, to teach, to give back some knowledge and help in the support of students. This can be very useful for CPD purposes too.
- Ability to conduct online research (we can facilitate many methods of information gathering).
- A hugely receptive audience for authors who wish to write articles and deliver research across the care sector.
For everybody, Caring Professions offers:
- A growing educational resources section with videos, articles, links and an extensive glossary that interlinks abbreviations and obscure terms to definitions throughout the site. This resource assists students and wannabe students to understand discussions as the topic author may use professional jargon they are not yet familiar with …. a definition for words and abbreviations they don’t understand is as simple as clicking the word.
- Regular competitions to win free places at conferences, study days, exhibitions and other events – lots of CPD events too qualified teams. If you have an idea for a competition, contact us.
- Managing Emotions – a special area for members to come and gain support with the highs and the lows of professional practice.
- An opportunity for personal development and to become involved in the operation and direction of the site. Many staff run projects, liaise with organisations and join in on training days and are encouraged and supported to give talks to prospective and current students.
- Training and lifestyle support to individuals.